While doing business as Philbrook & Spinney, we were proud to have
been chosen by the town of Castine to restore the Dyce Head Lighthouse
Keepers House that was partially destroyed by fire in April 1999. The
Keepers House, constructed in 1828 and listed on the National Register
of Historic Places, is owned by the town of Castine.
station was established in 1829. The octagonal tower is composed of granite
rubble stone lined with brick. In 1858 the tower was remodeled into an
octagonal shape by encasing it within a clapboard-sheathed wooden frame.
Twenty years later the wooden exterior was removed. The light was deactivated
in 1935 and was deeded to the Town of Castine in the mid-1950s. The
restoration project was completed and an open house for the town
was held on Sept 7, 2000. NPS
photo by Candace Clifford, 1994
There are a number
of people who contributed to this project. We
wish to thank all those who made the success of this project a reality.
As a number of people
were interested in this project and to keep a public record of the restoration
we documented the progress with pictures and maintained a log
of the progress.
All photos are the property
of Maine Contracting and may not be reproduced without written
permission. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.